There are three types of content that every brand should build their marketing calendar around, every single month, no exceptions.
- The first type grows your brand.
- The second type drives sales.
- The third type facilitates loyalty and advocacy, which circles back around to growth.
You can dial the percentage of each type up and down, depending on your business goals.
Once you organize your content this way, you can align performance tactics. For example, for the first type of content, you want to make sure you’re targeting cold prospects that look like your customers so that they have the chance to meet you and subscribe, moving them from awareness to consideration with one tap for a follow. For the second type of content you want to make sure you’re targeting a warm audience, such as recent website visitors, and speaking about your product or service in an extremely specific way.
The customer journey is not reserved for your sales funnel. You should be approaching all of your organic content this way in order to reduce waste and maximize the impact of your resources.
Of course, this is easier said than done, and the biggest issue with our industry is the amount of folks who are trying to teach a one-size-fits-all approach to content strategy and don’t pay enough attention to the nuance of excellent execution. The magic is in personalization, customization, and an intimate understanding of your customer. This is why you’re the best qualified to create the content strategy that your brand needs. This is a controversial statement for me to make since, for a decade, I’ve made a living by creating content strategies for brands.
KW Content gets paid $25,000 a pop to create content strategies for social media. A large portion of that fee covers our onboarding to a brand to understand the market, the customer, the product, and the brand strategy. A couple of months ago I made a guess that if we flipped the script—giving businesses access to our proprietary 7-step method for creating content strategies—brands would be able to create high-performance content programs more quickly and resource-efficiently than we could.
I’m a big fan of testing my assumptions, so we offered the opportunity. 50 businesses opted in and I discovered that I was on the right track.
- We reduced the time it takes from 3 months to 6 weeks.
- We reduced the cost by more than $24,000.
- Most importantly, I verified with my very own eyes that the way we teach results in strong content strategies that support specific business goals. Validating this was 100% necessary before we kept going down this road, so I reviewed more than 30 content strategies on my own.
Now, I can guarantee that this process works from startups to Fortune 100 companies.
I’m extremely excited to kick off a second cohort for the Content Strategy Accelerator on August 16th.
Businesses that join us for this experience will learn exactly how to:
- Create a content and social media strategy that’s unique to their business, in support of their unique business goals.
- Plan social media content that achieves a constant cycle of grow, convert, retain
- Create and use a content playbook to reduce the time it takes to create strategic, business-growing content
- Write copy specifically for social in order to drive above benchmark engagement.
- Use your strategy to plan your content calendar through the end of the year, with a peek inside how this is done at the world’s greatest product and lifestyle brands so that you can be just as effective!
- Customize the proprietary framework my agency applies to each of our clients’ brands to align business goals, budgets, and paid social audiences to maximize audience growth and customer lifetime values.
There will be limited access. If you want the opportunity, stick your name on the Early Bird list and we’ll be sure to get you all of the info you need!
In your corner,